Suggestion: Suck it up and call them Spells

Look, I get it, Hearthstone is the giant, slightly smelly, elephant in the room and all other digital CCGs have to try and differentiate themselves from it. But to be honest I think Faeria does that well enough already, just with it’s core mechanics and fussing over things like whether to call Spells Spells, when they are clearly, y’know SPELLS, or whether to call them something confusing and vague to new players, like “Events” is just cutting off your nose to spite your face. It took me a little while to work out what card text referring to events actually meant - especially as the ‘Event’ cards aren’t actually designated as events.

Maybe I’m a bit stupid, I dunno and it’s not like I didn’t work it all out, but surely one of the key things any game like this needs to do (especially coming up to 1.0 release) is make it easy for new players to get to grips with things and needlessly obtuse decisions like this just seem to be working against new players for no real gain.

Faeria isn’t the first card game to use the term events. Also if you look at the design of the card, you’ll see there’s a difference between events and creatures. I started a couple months ago and found that the tutorial and the solo missions did a decent job at introducing me to the game. The puzzles were difficult but a great way to learn the mechanics of the game.

1 Like

But you can’t call them spells when they don’t use mana :wink: