The game needs more diverse content

What i would like to see in Faeria:

Puzzles:
the board is allready preconstructed and you need to win with the given cards and creatures on the field (and they should get hard to solve ;D)

Challenges:
different rules for every game, something along the line of the hearthstone brawl.
e.g.

• only creatures with less then 4 mana can be played
  • every creature costs 1 mana
  • you only can place mountains and so on.

Bigger Boards:

• capturing and holding a special field to get points instead of the beating up the enemy god
  • defeating a single target that is highly mobile and strong (boss battle?)

Achievements:
I would really like to see a huge list of achievments like the Scrolls card game from Mojang had, it was really fun.
e.g.:

• win 10/20/50/100… games
  • play X green/red/yellow/blue creatures
  • play X green/red/yellow/blue events
  • deal X damage to creatures/gods
    and so on, possibilities are endless.

Solo Campaign/Adventure:
Maybe a mix between the Hearthstone and HEX tcg campaign’s?

Please dont try so hard to be an E-sports game, focus more and the fun aspect of the game, E-sports will happen from alone if the game is worth playing. (at the moments its really dull and 90% of all people play green which is so annoying and boring)

5 Likes

The challenges would be cool but obviously only in there own section, like you said a tavern brawl area would be best. I wouldn’t want it to be enforced on any players. And doesn’t Faeria already have a campaign of sorts to show you each of the colours?

Also as a random thing any way to communicate to the other player would be nice, a chat function or emotes or something.

Well a real campaign should be different to the few solo matches we have at the moment, i dont know if you have ever played the Hearthstone adventures or the HEX tcg campaign or Frost Ring Arena, they are nice examples of solo play variety.

Like I have mentioned in my Solo Missions post, I would definitely love to see some similar features as to what the above responses have mentioned.

Basically, something challenging that “forces/enforces” players to NOT use the Actual Decks that are “top on ladder” because it defeats the purpose of the word “Adventure” or “Story Mode” aka Lore-related if any… basically striving towards creativity.

To be less impolite about the sensitivity of “creativity”, what I truly mean is that we as players for “Adventure or Story Mode” should know how to PICK Cards that actually have a chance to counterplay and not just because the entire decklist has a particular combo or efficiency.

To further explain what I meant by that, for example, like if a decklist is full of taunts, well one challenge would be not to be able to use any “reliance of taunts”, or if a decklist is full of charge/face decks, then the boss should have hyper-strength counter against charge creatures. Like they have an extra advantage to deal 2-3 Damage to all enemy creatures because players simply think the best way to defeat solo bosses is just to play weak creatures and rush the God (face). I am not against face decks, I just feel like, “sometimes” it defeats the purpose of a challenge.

Hope this was made understandable.

Sincerely.

1 Like

I agree Lotware,
I also think that enemys decks for Challenges or whatever should also play a bit unfair, like using cards more then 3 times or have special cards that does not exist for us players. ^^

Another idear that i really like is that we could get different/larger boards to have fun gamemodes. Maybe something like capturing and holding a special field to get points instead of the beating up the enemy god.
or
Capturing/defeating a certain target that is highly mobile and strong across a large field also sounds like a fun challenge ^^

1 Like

I’d also really enjoy more content like that. It would make the game more fun and varied if you forced or at least highly encouraged people to use all the cards, since many players will otherwise just make one powerful deck and only use it. The full collection makes it easy to experiment with new decks, so using a wide variety of cards should be encouraged.

Solo challenges against an opponent that was so hard that making a specific kind of deck is required would be fun. Since AIs are never as good at card games as real people, it would be okay if they cheated to make them more of a challenge. A weekly multiplayer challenge that only allowed you to use a specific subset of cards would also be interesting, especially if you only allowed some of the least popular cards to be used. I like all the previous suggestions too.

1 Like

Odai2h
I agree Lotware,
I also think that enemys decks for Challenges or whatever should also play a bit unfair, like using cards more then 3 times or have special cards that does not exist for us players. ^^

Another idear that i really like is that we could get different/larger boards to have fun gamemodes. Maybe something like capturing and holding a special field to get points instead of the beating up the enemy god.
or
Capturing/defeating a certain target that is highly mobile and strong across a large field also sounds like a fun challenge ^^

I would definitely love to see a larger board-size challenge, like a 2-way horizontal race to the edge where you have to hold out, and then the Boss has all “flying” minions will be heading your chosen left or right edge coming your way as soon as you’ve captured that respective edge for 3 turns. (however there will be restricted in use of AoE on both sides) and then that will be your home for the next 20 turns with having 2 creatures adjacent to your captured point still at max HP by for example turn 20.

I don’t know what I am talking about but it’s like the above mentioned zone control. So basically, the boss has advantage in coming at you quicker while you have to build have tiles that “barricade” you in a certain way.

Thanks for the feedback and ideas in the post!

The competitive aspect of Faeria is our prior focus for the Early Access, because we believe it’s driving many of our core audience, and we want to support it and help communities to develop through it. But this type of fun is a core element of our vision for a complete Faeria, and we know there’s a lot to do and even more to explore. Although it’s also a big part of our economic system, Pandora will be the first of these additions (that’s why we are mostly focusing on it at the moment).
Forums will help us to stay aware of what our players are the most excited about for the next features, so don’t hold any crazy ideas :slight_smile:

@Martin
Hmm im not sure about, i dont think most players want a competitive game with Faeria, hell not even Hearthstone has so many competitive players. Most people just want to have fun with a cardgame like these. Even Blizz noticed that not many people are hardcore players that want to reach God/Legend rank (and why? because most people dont care) That’s why Blizzard shifted more and more to Singleplayers stuff like the Adventures and the Brawl, that keeps players comming back for fun stuff and gamemodes. ^^

The most fun i have in such games is to build decks to defeat pre constructed enemys and to shape my deck around to counter his. (playing lots of HEX at the moment again and create new charakter and beat the campaign with different decks)
The Campaign in HEX is not easy and you need constantly adept with your deck to you enemys, and its a blast.
Another thing that is fun is the Frost RIng arena and to build a well made deck all around to win all the 20 random matches in a row.

I will keep thinking about more :stuck_out_tongue: