Turtle Race [Metashaker]

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

IN PROGRESS

Rush your opponent down after a slow start!

Alternate lakes and deserts down the middle, the rapidly deploy cost-reduced creatures to clear board and wipe out your opponent. Doomsday away their defences if they play into it.

Every card but doomsday and tale of the old turtle is a creature, nearly guaranteeing maximum value from the old turtle. Doomsday itself has a lot of synergy with Tale as the six faeria spent drawing cards is effectively banked for the turn after you wipe the board (likely allowing you to play 3 creatures right away as 3 and 4 cost cards are reduced to 1 and 2).

Many of the creatures are replacements for common utility/rush cards as follows:
Oradrim Fantatic replaces Flash Wind and offers a body
Deathwish ghoul (along with the card draw from Tale) replaces Khalim’s Prayer
Ninja Toad replaces Khalim’s Follower (Follower would waste 1F of the discount and can’t clear creatures or structures.
Water and Air elementals accelerate you into Twinsoul as a replacement for Crusader; the two bodies being more difficult to block and remove with single-target removal.

Land type(s): Lake, Desert
Faeria cost: 4.2
Difficulty: Intermediate

2x NINJA TOAD (4f 3L)
1x STORMSPAWN (10f 2L)
3x TALE OF THE OLD TURTLE (6f 2L)
1x WATER ELEMENTAL (4f 1L)
3x ORADRIM MONK (3f 2D)
3x ORADRIM TEMPLAR (3f 1D)
3x ORADRIM FANATIC (3f 2D)
2x DEATHWISH GHOUL (3f 2D)
3x SHAYTAN DEMON (3f 2D)
3x WIND SOLDIER (3f 2D)
1x AIR ELEMENTAL (4f 1D)
3x TWINSOUL SPIRIT (4f 3L 3D)
2x DOOMSDAY (9f 2D)

I am stupid enough to try it out on ladder and it doesn’t work. No removals except for 2x Doomsday that basically kills you on its own and no heal.

EDIT: Have since made some changes, still not really something to try out for most I don’t think. The meta right now is too fast for something like this to work with any consistency. Also I don’t know that even in the right environment the synergy is… synergistic enough.

Haha, I haven’t been able to try it actually so this is good to know (don’t have all the epics).

I was hoping the wind soldiers and toads might be enough, I can see why not though, especially against tempo decks. Thanks for having enough faith in my theory-craft to try it though.

I’ll take another look in a bit. I know there was an old Doomsday-stormspawn combo and I think Tale works in a similar way. Wanted to maximize synergy for the contest but soul drains or some number of nightmares are probably a good idea. Maybe radiance too.