Wall of pain

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

Metashaker#4

Introduction

Greetings fellow gods ! Time to share new and crazy ways to protect your orb again.

First, a bit of introduction. I have been playing Faeria for 3 weeks - yes, I started very recently - and I found the game really nice. However, I found the community to be rather small, so I decided to contribute a bit. To me contribution means fun first, and metashaker deckbuilding is a good way to spend time in a fun way: “The task is to make the most original, fun yet viable deck using Soulbound Sagami.”

Side note: No associated guide this time. I do not want to flood the guide section :(. To Abrakam ppl if they happen to read this: could you add the option to have a decent formating for this Deck section ? No need to have an editor / fancy preview like in Guide section (really nice btw), but i can’t even input card links here :confused:

Theme

To protect your dear orb against calamities, let’s build a wall. And since walls will not win the game, a wall of pain for your opponent. The higher, the better.
As Soulbound Sagami provides one of the biggest buff in the game (+3/+5), let’s try to capitalize a bit on it.
The goal is to buff some painfull red minions as much as possible.

Cards

Budget deck. Mainly because I started the game not so long ago. And also because I really do not want to grab a top tier deck just to swap a slot for Sangami.

~Buffs~

*Souldbound Sangami — Your biggest buff for defence.

*Gaea’s Grace — Your best non creature buff. +3 defence, and helps if your start is a bit slow. Preferred to Elderwood Embrace, will save you against burn, when Elderwood Embrace will not.

*Elderwood Hermit — Cheap +4 defence for your wall. You want to start with this card in hand, this is your #1 harvester.

*Tiki Piper — Cheap + 4 defence again.

*Shamanic Dance — +4 defense and taunt, used on Shedim Brute or Battle rager if possible.

*Oakling — Another + 5 defence buff. The consensus is that Oakling may be better to buff your creatures (same total stats 6/10 for 1 Faeria less), but I still prefer Soulbound Sagami here, mainly because the 3/6 body is much better for board. While Oakling can be ignored easily with only 1 attack, Soulbound Sagami with 3 attack will take better trades overall if your wall is still a bit weak.

No Tethra, too expensive

~Wall foundation~

A wall needs a strong base !

*Shedim Brute — The painfull part of your wall #1

*Grim Guard — The painfull part of your wall #2

*Battle Rager — The painfull part of your wall #3 Apply a buff as sson as possible on this one, since 3 pv is really easy to destroy.

~Trowel~

A nice tool to help you build your wall.

*The Emperor’s Command — Sadly not really budget, but really necessary against assassins / burn / rush / annoying stuff.

Strategy

Build a wall !
Buff the 3 red cards in your deck as much as possible, and pray your wall will be strong enough. The difficult part will be to manage to effectively kill your “last words” creatures in order to buf only your red creatures.

Warning: Toads don’t fear walls, sadly. However, you can still try to make the biggest toad in history may anything happen to your wall. Nightmare and Voice of Truth may drive you crazy too, fear their wispers.

tldr: YOU SHALL NOT PASS !

Land type(s): Neutral, Forest, Mountain
Faeria cost: 3.9
Difficulty: Beginners

3x SOULBOUND SAGAMI (6f 2F)
3x GAEA’S GRACE (2f 2F)
3x ELDERWOOD HERMIT (3f 1F)
3x TIKI PIPER (3f 1F)
3x SHAMANIC DANCE (2f 2F)
3x OAKLING (5f 2F)
3x SHEDIM BRUTE (5f 2M)
3x GRIM GUARD (4f 2M)
3x BATTLE RAGER (7f 1M)
3x THE EMPEROR’S COMMAND (2f)

1 Like

Your presentation is wonderful! Very funny! And the deck seems like it’s actually viable! I have pretty much all of these cards so maybe I’ll give it a try