WB: Pyrhos (budget)

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

This is in no way the best deck to beat Pyrhos with, but it worked, so I’d thought I’d share. Best way is supposed to be with SHARRA, DRAGONSLAYER, but I don’t have that, so…

Beating him will require a lot of draw luck. The card you want is BATTLE RAGER, and you’ll want two of them in your hand before Kojin dies.
The rest of the cards are to try and get those draws, and block if you really have to, all for low cost, because you’ll need 14 Faeria for the Ragers.

Try to make sure not to let Pyrhos add land anywhere too close to you so his creatures will have to travel to get you. Rager only needs 1 Mountain, so you can keep blocking with the double plains.

You want to put a Rager down on your turn right after Kojin dies. The next turn, Pyrhos will hit it for 20, mirroring right back on himself. Do the same on your next turn and he is dead.

Land type(s): Neutral, Mountain, Lake
Faeria cost: 2.9
Difficulty: Beginners

3x HOLD THE LINE! (1f)
3x HEALING SONG (3f)
3x SAFEGUARD (3f)
3x IMPERIAL GUARD (3f)
3x VILLAGE ELDER (2f)
3x STORYTELLER (3f)
3x WISDOM (3f)
3x SHIFTING TIDE (1f 1L)
3x HUMBLING VISION (3f 2L)
3x BATTLE RAGER (7f 1M)

this literally dont work tried 10 times with this deck u always dont have enough faeria and cant resist the pressure… how did u make it o.o

Try battle ragers in a bargain deck, that worked for me.

The main objective here is to get the two Ragers early. The hard part is that it is total luck. Even in a different deck, you’re trying to pull 2 cards out of 30. I guess I just got really lucky.

Was trying this strat with a similar deck with no luck. Won on the first try with this one, thank you. He plays his early creatures in the back if you don’t have any creatures on the board, so I held my hand for a few turns before playing what I needed to stall him until I drew the ragers and had the faeria.
Luck is the price for not having Sharra.

Yes this doesn’t work/isn’t a deck to easily beat it with. Tried it way over 10 times, and in the end I either not have the needed faeria for 2 Battle Rager’s in one or two turns or I get completely overrun if I do save for it.

I did it with a random Green/Red deck just a second ago. What really helped me was to place a Weeping idol to steadily get the needed Faeria for 2 battle ragers, when my minions where dying.