Wounded RRush

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

Red Rush took nerfs to Hate Seed, Shedim Pest and Firebringer, so I’ve reworked it a little. The Blood Song is good atm because the meta is mostly control, but if that’s not the case when you read this, replace it with something like Syland Horsemaster.

Mulligan for neutrals and Fire Elementals. Try to get set up a Mountain on a tile inside an enemy well and ideally don’t give the enemy any adjacent tiles. From that point, it’s pretty straightforward.

Land type(s): Neutral, Mountain
Faeria cost: 3.6
Difficulty: Beginners

3x KING’S FAITHFUL (5f)
3x OUTLAND RANGER (3f)
3x AXE GRINDER (3f 1M)
3x SEIFER’S FODDER (4f 1M)
3x BOMB SLINGER (5f 3M)
3x FLAME BURST (3f 2M)
3x FIRE ELEMENTAL (4f 1M)
3x DERELICT TOWER (3f 2M)
2x FIREBRINGER (4f 2M)
3x SEIFER’S WRATH (2f 2M)
1x BLOOD SONG (4f 2M)

May I know what’s a general guide to deal with larger creatures? Eg 7/7s offensively near our orb and defensively near our attacking minions?

It really depends on the situation. If they’re at my orb, I make a judgement about whether my odds are better racing or defending, depending on the board state, the tools I have to hand and the tools that I guess my opponent has or is hoping to draw.

Sometimes the best answer to a 7/7 at my orb is spend all of my burn on it, sometimes the best answer is to play Blood Song and up the tempo!

The perfect way to deal with a 7/7 is Bomb Slinger + Derelict Tower + Seifer’s Wrath, but there are many other really good options, since all of my creatures have higher attack than life, which means they can trade up and it also means they’ve already made my Firebringers bigger.

Minions with a higher life stat eg. 3/10 Living Willow + Elderwood Embrace, are much better against this deck, but the same thing applies. If you can’t get past it, you kill it and the train continues. At some point they will probably have a bad turn and the consequence will be immediate because you summon all of your creatures in range of their orb. They can’t have a whole deck of Living Willows and Elderwood Embraces, but your whole deck IS optimised for making a new threat at their orb every turn.

It’s a really easy deck to play the vast majority of the time, when the rush strategy is going to plan, but you do have do consider the enemy deck when you decide how much to invest in getting the perfect lands and sometimes you will have to play defensively with lands or creatures, sometimes you can get more out holding your hand and putting the train on pause and sometimes I even build to collect at my own well with an Outland Ranger. Those calls can be a bit more complicated and while most of your decisions playing this deck will be “+1 Faeria, play minion at enemy well”, there are far more complicated choices to be made in this deck than there were in the old version with Hate Seeds and Shedim Pests.