Y/ Control-Flyers

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

I recently opened Solem and Iona, so wanted to try them out in a deck. I got an idea from another player from the Discord by the name of Kastrand.

I adapted the deck to suit my playstyle, removing a lot of his choices to make it more streamlined (IMO at least)

The idea is to play like control, build up lands and then get your Champs down to clean up. If you can hit the Champ’s with buffs from the Sky’ Cap’s then it’s going to be over pretty soon after if they cannot be answered. You should have had ample time to bait out removal earlier though while playing your other flyers in a control role.

Iona can work as a blocker when the opponent has no way of removing her. She can be taken out extremely easy though if they do have a way to deal the small amount of damage.
She also is great as a collector for the same reasons, the chances of her being taken out are slimmer than a regular creature.

Solem I have just gotten and haven’t drawn him in a game. The idea is tech against other control decks that might have fortified one of their wells. By taking out this well it means they could be starved out. Combined with the mobility of a flyers deck, you could possibly shut down their faeria gains pretty well. I am still testing this out though.

TBH I can’t write much of a guide on this yet as I’ve just made the deck and still testing it out.

Will add more later.

Land type(s): Desert
Faeria cost: 3.6
Difficulty: Intermediate

1x KHALIM, SKY PRODIGY (5f 3D)
3x LAST NIGHTMARE (6f 3D)
3x DRAKKAR SKYCAPTAIN (4f 1D)
3x WINDBORNE EMISSARY (3f 2D)
3x WINDBORNE CHAMPION (5f 5D)
3x AIR ELEMENTAL (4f 1D)
3x FLASH WIND (3D)
1x IONA, BELOVED BY ALL (2f 2D)