This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.
Cheaper (I mean, I don’t have Earthcraft) variant of the BG Skywhale Ramp decks that crowd the meta. Personally took me from rank 5 to God this season.
Your ideal hand to start with will be any of the land ramp creatures or cards: Seed Sower, Wild Growth or Wood Elemental OR Sky Yak to quickly bulk the number of tokens per yak. You are racing to create two deserts and six forests, and more the better. Iona’s Smile isn’t half bad either, just to guarantee two of Skywhale, Istanu or Sky Yaks.
- Yakkapult is a cheap collector who can defend other wells as well as generate free Istanu tokens.
- Let the Sky Yak die early, Istanu targets and combos can be so satisfying.
- Feed the Forest plays nicely into Istanu, buffing a creature to a 6/6 3Charge Flying zippy monstrosity AND netting six free Faeria at no cost. Better yet if it gets forced onto your own Skywhale that you’re worried about getting popped. Also well played with large Oak Fathers, accelerating Sky Yak’s minion output or the ramp collectors–so every card.
- Iona’s Smile yields two of three Sky Yaks, three Skywhales or one Istanu!
- Syland Horsemaster for mobility, especially good at taking out early, opposing collectors with Seed Sower’s 4/6 body.
- The Tree of Everlife closes the game and can be used to block enemy Skywhales.
I had a lot of trouble against yellow rush decks which can flood the board with cheap, aggressive creatures; red rush was manageable. Don’t let yourself get boxed in with your land creation! The inclusion of Soul Drain was my best solution although Last Nightmare (to double up on opening opposing Skywhales) and Choking Sand are possible replacements.
Land type(s): Neutral, Forest, Desert
Faeria cost: 3.9
2x SYLAND HORSEMASTER (3f)
3x SEED SOWER (6f 1F)
3x OAK FATHER (7f 2F)
2x WILD GROWTH (1f 1F)
3x WOOD ELEMENTAL (4f 1F)
3x FEED THE FOREST (1f 3F)
2x SOUL DRAIN (2f 2D)
2x IONA’S SMILE (2f 2D)
2x YAKKAPULT (3f 6W)
3x AZURE SKYWHALE (6f 8W)
1x THE TREE OF EVERLIFE (7f 3F 7W)
1x ISTANU, ETERNAL LIGHT (6f 2D 4W)
3x SKY YAK (3f 1D 1F)