6 New Cards Feedback (+ Poll)

(Polls below text)

I’m not sure about the new cards. This is my own initial take on them.

• Divine Guardian (When you would take lethal damage, prevent it and destroy this creature instead) [2f, 0/4] - seems good. 4hp is perhaps a bit beefy for a 2 faeria collector. But I like the idea. I assume you take 0 god damage when this occurs.
  • Emperor’s Command (-2/-1 or -3 structure or +4 life) [2f] - This is kinda odd. Can it kill? Seems just a tiny bit too powerful, with its options making it work in many situations. I think I’d take 3.
  • Deepwood Stalker (Gift - Fight an enemy creature) [2F/3f, 2/4] - The description isn’t clear. It’s like Ramora’s “Devour the Meek”? Custom Card Dump - where it fights a unit anywhere on the map. Just another source of unexpected damage, when IMHO there’s already too much.
  • Illusion of Grandeur (When you summon a 0 or 1 cost unit, this gains its stats when in hand or deck) [2L/7f, 0/0] - Can this be abused by Aurora’s Creation on Ancient Heralds (or similar beefy 6-faeria units), or failed experiment, or red cost-reduction cards? Seems like you could craft an OP deck around this too easily.
  • Krog’s Dinner (Krog costs 7 less, gift=draw him if he’s dead or in yer hand) [2M/3f, 3/3] - I though we were nerfing him not serving him :slight_smile: - Kinda just takes Krog down to 8 faeria + bonus death effects. Also is a bit ambiguous (if Krog has died - does it have to be a friendly krog?). I’m not sure about tying two cards together so explicitly though (especially for Pandora).
  • Iona’s Smile (Draw the top two Flying creatures into your deck) 2D/2f. A slightly more specific and cheaper Wisdom. Ok.

Divine Guardian’s my favourite. I don’t really like Illusion of Grandeur or Deepwood Stalker (if my guess is right).

Favourite New Card

• Divine Guardian
  • Emperor’s Command
  • Deepwood Stalker
  • Illusion of Grandeur
  • Krog’s Dinner
  • Iona’s Smile

0 voters

Least Favourite New Card

• Divine Guardian
  • Emperor’s Command
  • Deepwood Stalker
  • Illusion of Grandeur
  • Krog’s Dinner
  • Iona’s Smile

0 voters

They talked about the new cards in today’s Kappa’s Council. Luuu was on the panel too. It will be uploaded to youtube soon.

It’s hard to know what you mean by favourite. Some like OP cards but some dislike them.

Yeah, Illusion of Grandeur can go with Aurora’s Creation, Bargain, Ogre Dance, Baron, Magnus and even Mochi if you are lucky. If Bargain hits Illusion itself, then it doubles the next one.

Divine Guardian is more complicated than I thought. Emperor’s Command and Deepwood Stalker feels too powerful for me.

[quote=“xploring, post:2, topic:6919”]
It’s hard to know what you mean by favourite
[/quote]That you like it being in the game, because of fun or strategy. So OP = bad, same as UP.

I just played Pandora daily with the stalker, and it kinda feels like a red unit crawled into green. But it’s not terrible. It did feel slightly OP. Haven’t seen any others yet.

I think both Stalker and Command are OP but I like Command and dislike Stalker, just because of the way I play.

Balance-wise, I guess Divine Guardian and Iona’s Smile are the best. Krog’s Dinner improves Krog, so good too?

I wonder if Krog’s Dinner should somehow have a special relationship with Krog in Pandora since they’re poor cards without eachother. Perhaps a guarantee that if you choose one you will be offered the other sometime during the draft. Because otherwise who would ever draft a Dinner?

I’m guessing Krog eats all friendly dinners on the board. IMHO they should’ve added +1hp for each eaten too - although the card already has a pile of text. I guess you can fatten him some more with Triton Snacks.

Another question - can you play Illusion of Grandeur at 0/0? Does it just summon and die?

I wonder what happens if you have several Divine Guardians on the battlefield and would take leth… (ok, ok, it’s Faeria, not HS, I got it) fatal damage. Are all of them sacrificed? If no, which one is triggered first?

2 Likes

I’m hoping it’s just one random guardian dies. That’d be fairest and consistent.

Luuu’s review