3 more card ideas, with totally awesuck art

Tried to think of some that would increase strategy. Some might not be very unique.

The art is even worse than it would be if I had a mouse that wasn’t suffering jittering :frowning:

Plays similarly to Bone Collector, but doesn’t scale and has no damage unless buffed.
Bone collector feels quite tactical and is tricky to use. This gal probably more so. You’d probably aim for at least 3 kills to make her worth it.

Not easy to play this cost effectively. Probably best when defending your orb.

I didn’t want it to just be shot down with red events though so it has high HP. However that makes it a good wall (although kinda odd aesthetically), which is why it’s 3 faeria. (Alternately it could be immune to non-combat damage but that’s kinda complex).

I didn’t think it would hurt mixed with other decks so it’s only 1 forest.

(Not sure if “tiles” is ok to use on a card, but “within two lands” or “within jump range” sounds weird).

(You don’t get faeria for the card itself - e.g. playing it with an otherwise empty deck gives you nothing).

Not totally sure about the balance on this one. It could help you craft an expensive deck with highly situational / optional cards. It’s possibly a bit OP when used with Magda. Might work with Luduan too, but that card needs a boost IMHO.

And one I’m thinking about. No art yet.

(Note: works during enemy turn too - you probably should be able to attack if it teleported during the enemy’s turn)

A bit wordy though, but I’m not sure yet how to simplify it.

I’d guess the prime use is to break through defenders blocking an orb, but there’s other uses too. Also, the enemy can trigger the effect, possibly to make it an easy kill. Cheap-ish cos its quite situational and its effect can also be negative.

1 Like

Why create another thread, when there’s already one for custom cards? Nice ideas, though.

[quote=“PlasmaRager, post:2, topic:6779”]
Why create another thread, when there’s already one for custom cards?
[/quote]Um, there’s heaps of threads for custom cards. IMHO it’d be good to have a forum branch specifically for it. Putting it all in one thread would make it very hard to follow talk about specific cards.

1 Like

I like the Kobold Wrecker. I think it fits well with Red’s theme. Tiki Burial Grounds is a cool idea to!

You could simplify the wording on Shaytan Hound like this:

‘Whenever an enemy creature dies in combat, summon a Shayton Hound to that land’.

Or is ‘tile’ the official word? Not sure.

Edit:
Oh, maybe you did mean teleport? An existing Shayton Hound moves there? If so nevermind.

[quote=“Zoat, post:5, topic:6779”]
Oh, maybe you did mean teleport? An existing Shayton Hound moves there?
[/quote]Yes, I meant teleport. So it jumps all over the place, (very slightly gnat-esque).

• Bash an orb defender and it takes its place so the enemy can’t fill the gap.
  • Drop it down anywhere before you mutual-kill a harvester and you now have a harvester (until it moves again).

Tricky to use and requires thought, but might be just a bit too unpredictable - not sure.